Basic Nutritious Oats Recipes
This is a recipe that I love and have become a favorite breakfast for me because is very easy and quick to do, also is very versatile, with small changes you can make variations. This recipe will give you a good amount of nutrients to start your day and feed your body. And now I’m sharing it with you, I hope you enjoy it. Lets get into it.
Servings: 1 or 2 if is for kids.
Some benefits of this recipe:
- Help reduce blood sugar levels.
- Is very filling you will be satiated all morning.
- Help you build muscle without adding fat.
- Quick and easy to make.
- 1 Cup of oats (I use Old Fashioned, you can use other type but not instant).
- 2 cups of Almond or Coconut Milk
- 1 cup of chopped fruit (any type you want, my typical is banana and apple)
- 2 dates or ½ box of raisings
- 1 tbsp of Chia Seed
- 1/4tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tbsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tbsp ground nutmeg
- You can skip the dates or raising, they are there to add some natural sweetness, or you can add some honey if you want it a little more sweet.
- The spices amounts are approximate, I actually do it by eye and you can modify the amount to taste. You can also try any
- 1 Cup of fruit with my typical fruit is half banana and half apple. But you can add more or less fruit if you want.
- Chia seeds are there to add some healthy fat and extra protein.
- If you like the oats more loose you can add one or half more cup of milk.
- Put the oats, milk, spices and dates or raising in a pot and mix it well for a minute and put it on the fire, low to medium, for about 5 to 7 minutes. (This time will depend on the type of oats you are using and how thick you want it, quick cooks faster while steel cut takes longer)
- Chop your fruit in small pieces.
- When the oat is ready pour it on a bowl where you’re going to eat it.
- After pouring the oats pour in the chia seeds and mix it well immediately.
- Then pour in the fruit and honey if you are going to add it.
- Mix it well, let it cool for a minute and enjoy!
- Put together the oats, milk, spices and dates in a bowl the night before, mix it well and put it in the fridge. This will intensify the flavors, I personally like to do this if I know that I’m going to have this for breakfast. This will also make the oats softer and easier to eat.
- Another fruit combination I love for this recipe is strawberries and kiwi, or strawberries and pineapple like the one in the picture.
- You can blend the oat before starting the process and make it like oat flour. I found that kids eat it easier this way.