How to Stop Sugar Craving in two days
Sugar is a real addition just like any other. Some people even say is as strong as cocaine, but regardless if it is stronger or not the reality is that addition to sugar has led people to diabetes. Sugar cravings is a real struggle for a lot of people.
The plan I’ll show you here helped me to get rid of sugar craving, you will find online several ways to stop sugar cravings, but here I’ll show you a safe, natural, healthy and quick way that worked for me.
Note: Every time I talk about sugar in this article I’m referring to added sugars and refined sugars, unless otherwise indicated.
Why should I stop my sugar cravings?
The main reason why you want to stop sugar cravings is your own health. Foods containing refined sugars have a lot of empty calories which end up stored as fat in our bodies, foods high in sugars will make us feel hungry quicker, hence, making us eat more. And bringing all the obesity consequences.
And always sugar will call for more sugar, not healthy foods, one thing I experienced when I struggled with sugar cravings was that I didn’t want a healthy home made dinner, I wanted to eat pizza, ice cream, hot wings in sweet chili sauce, cakes, soda, etc.
Stopping your sugar cravings will give you control over your health, because sugar is very addictive and we lose control over what we eat. I could say that sugar cravings is one the main reason people can’t stick to a healthy eating style.
So, what’s the plan?
The plan is simple, but it might not be easy. Consist in eat fruits and raw vegetables only, for two days.
Yes it is that simple, but let me give you some details on how to do it:
- It’s not about not eating, is about eating the right thing, so eat fruits and raw veggies as much as you want.
- Every time you want something sweet go and eat a piece of fruit, any fruit you like, it doesn’t matter how sweet it is.
- At least one of your meals must be fruits, at least 3 or 4 varieties mixed and chopped.
- At least one of your meals must be a big salad, with all raw vegetables.
- Do not add any type of sweetener to your salad dressing. I suggest you dress your salad with vinegar (apple cider preferable) or lime juice (squeeze it your self, don’t buy it), some salt, garlic powder and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Make sure you drink enough water. Because you are going to be eating a lot of fruits and vegetables, you might not need the same amount of water as for regular days, but anyway keep an eye there to make sure you drink enough.
- Eat the fruits don’t juice them.
So here, I repeat, the plan is simple, even though it might not be easy, it requires some effort. Eat only Fruits and raw vegetable for two days.
I want to make a disclaimer here:
For me this plan killed my sugar cravings in only two days, but the results might vary depending on the person, for you might be 3 or 4 days, or even one day.
It will all depend of where is your starting point. I can assure you that if you can’t get rid of the sugars craving totally in a few days, at least you are going to be a lot stronger fighting against them. And you will be a long way ahead to totally stop the cravings.
Also even though this is a very safe method, but if you have some medical condition in which you think this plan can affect you negatively or you are taking pills of any type, please consult your doctor to make sure you can do it.
If you get to feel dizzy or have nausea or headaches, don’t panic is normal, the symptoms you might feel will come from the detoxification and change your body is doing. And if you didn’t feel any symptoms even better, that doesn’t mean it did nothing in you, it just mean you had fewer things to detox from your body.
Be aware also that you might feel lack of strength, this is also normal, so try to do this in a weekend if you need strength for your job, and try to sleep and rest enough.
Why does this plan work?
Some reasons why this plan works are the following:
- You are going to be satisfying your sweet desires without adding more added or refined sugars to your body.
- The sugars found in the fruits is not addictive, and it comes with a lot of benefits, vitamins, fibers, minerals, etc. So, with the fruits plus the veggies you will also be nourishing your body from lacking nutrients that might also cause in some cases cravings.
- You will have a detoxifying effect that will help you get rid of the effects of the added sugars in your body, and this will make like a small reset in your body.
- The amount of water contained in the fruits and veggies, plus the water you are going to drink in those days will help you flush toxins caused by eating sugars, hence you get rid of what is making you want more sugar.
How do I stay away from these cravings?
At the end we just don’t only want to stop the sugar cravings, we don’t want them to come back. Avoiding sugar cravings It’s actually very simple, avoid added and refined sugar at any cost.
Eating sugars and refined carbohydrates are the main causes of sugar craving. Let’s face it, we can’t crave something we haven’t taste before. We could break down this into tips or even another full article just about that. But I’m going to give you a few ideas here.
First off all, keep an eye on anything that brings you back the cravings again and tackle that specific.
For your coffee find another sweetener that is not sugar, try honey, agave, stevia, or any other you like. But keep an eye there just in case this revive the cravings. Instead of drinking sodas, drink flavored seltzer.
Cut out simple or refined carbohydrates from your diets, like white bread, white pasta, cakes, ice cream, etc. Instead eat whole grain bread and pasta, and make your own ice cream based on bananas and yogurt with no sugar added.
Speaking about yogurt, instead of buying yogurt with the fruit included, buy plain yogurt and add the fruits yourself at home, and if you like it a little more sweet add a teaspoon of honey.
And overall when you have a desire to eat something sweet eat fruits. I think you got the idea. Small changes like this will help you keep those cravings under control.
Don’t let the sugar cravings dominate your health, take back control of your health.n I hope this helps you to stop sugar cravings once and for all. If you do it I’ll would love to know how it works for you, leave a comment on that.
Do you have any other tip to stop sugar cravings? Please share it with us and other readers so we all will learn and educate more and be able to take the control of our health. Any other comment on the subject, please feel free to leave it in the comments.